Discover more from Daily Chartbook
DC Lite #5
5 of the day's best charts and insights
Welcome back to DC Lite: Daily Chartbook’s free, entry-level newsletter containing 5 of the day’s best charts & insights. Upgrade to get all 30 charts.
LAUNCH PROMOTION: Get an additional 10% off the already discounted annual price if you upgrade by November 30. That’s your first year of Daily Chartbook for $180!
1. Holiday season foreshadowing. "Adding up new jobs created in the BLS-defined holiday season retail sectors in the latest employment report shows that retailers expect a weaker holiday season."
2. Semis inventory. "Semiconductors inventory is at its highest levels since 2001."
3. Delinquencies (II). "The share of newly delinquent credit card users rose in the third quarter and exceeds the pre-pandemic average."
4. CTAs vs. global equities. CTAs have $142bn to buy in global equities over the next month, the most in GS data.
5. Factor performance. "The USA quality factor has broken away from the factor pack...High interest coverage/strong balance sheets can help relative returns when borrowing costs rise/global growth slows."