Discover more from Daily Chartbook
DC Lite #2
5 of the day's best charts and insights
Welcome back to DC Lite: Daily Chartbook’s free, entry-level newsletter containing 5 of the day’s best charts & insights. Upgrade to get all 30 charts.
LAUNCH PROMOTION: Get an additional 10% off the already discounted annual price if you upgrade by November 30. That’s your first year of Daily Chartbook for $180!
1. Active listings. Active listings fell 2% YoY in October for the fourth straight month of annual declines, but the gap between this year and last year is narrowing.
2. Home improvement. "Home improvement spending has rolled over but current drawdown of -9.3% from peak not nearly as bad as prior dips (even in non-recessions)."
3. Labor productivity (II). Productivity is back above the pre-pandemic trendline and has averaged a 1.4% annualized growth rate since 2020, higher than the 1.2% average seen from 2010 through 2019.
4. Oil vs. Middle East. Oil prices are at the same levels as before Hamas' attack on Israel.
5. Small-caps cycling. "This is the 24th time the Russell 2000 closed at a 52-week low, then surged to its best 4-day rally in at least 3 months. A year later, the small-cap index was higher 100% of the time with a median return of +25.6%."