Discover more from Daily Chartbook
DC Lite #14
5 of the day's best charts and insights
Welcome back to DC Lite: Daily Chartbook’s free, entry-level newsletter containing 5 of the day’s best charts & insights. Upgrade to get all 30 charts.
REMINDER: there are 10 days left to lock in your first year of full access to Daily Chartbook at the discounted launch rate:
Administrative note: DC Lite will be off this Thursday and Friday; back Monday, November 27.
1. Fed cycle script. "A composite of the average Fed Cycle would cause the following ordering/timing of events: March = First cut (8 month pause), June = Recession starts, October = Market bottom, Feb 2025 = Earnings bottom."
2. Leading Economic Indicator (I). The Conference Board LEI declined in October for the 19th consecutive month. This 19-month streak was only exceeded in the 2008 recession period and 1974 recession period."
3. Crypto asset flows. Digital asset investment products have now seen 8 consecutive weeks of inflows. However, YTD inflows of $3.2bn remain well below 2021 ($10.7bn) and 2020 ($6.6bn) levels.
4. Sentiment Indicator. Equities positioning has returned to "stretched" territory.
5. Downgrades > upgrades. And finally, “downgrades to US earnings estimates have outnumbered upgrades for nine weeks in a row — the longest streak since February.”