Discover more from Daily Chartbook
DC Lite #13
5 of the day's best charts and insights
Welcome back to DC Lite: Daily Chartbook’s free, entry-level newsletter containing 5 of the day’s best charts & insights. Upgrade to get all 30 charts.
As a reminder, there are 13 days left to lock in your first year of full access to Daily Chartbook at the discounted launch rate:
1. Mortgage-free. "The share of US homes that are mortgage-free jumped 5 percentage points from 2012 to 2022, to a record just shy of 40%."
2. Used cars. "The mid-month Manheim Used Vehicle Value Index declined to 206.1, which was down 5.3% from the full month of November 2022."
3. Contrarian outcomes. The least expected outcomes for 2024 as per responses from BofA's Global Fund Manager Survey.
4. Equity fund flows (I). Equity funds just saw the second-largest inflow (+$23.5bn) of 2023.
5. Small trader put buying. "There's no such thing as an 'All Clear' signal in the stock market. Still, a peak in Small Trader Put Buying typically signals an uptrend in the year ahead (though the Covid panic temporarily derailed the 2019 signal)."
Have a great weekend!