Discover more from Daily Chartbook
DC Lite #10
5 of the day's best charts and insights
Welcome back to DC Lite: Daily Chartbook’s free, entry-level newsletter containing 5 of the day’s best charts & insights. Upgrade to get all 30 charts.
LAUNCH PROMOTION: Get an additional 10% off the already discounted annual price if you upgrade by November 30. That’s your first year of Daily Chartbook for $180!
1. Government debt. An unprecedented $8.2T of US government debt will be maturing in the next 12 months, or 1/3 of the total Treasuries outstanding. That is 3.5x more than what was net issued so far this year."
2. Small business (II). "The NFIB survey implies intensifying price pressures ahead. The % of firms planning to raise selling prices rose to 33 in October, the highest since Nov 2022 while the % of firms raising selling prices hit 30, highest since May."
3. CPI (I). A Goldilocks print with both headline and core CPI rising less than expected in October. The former was unchanged from last month while the latter increased by 0.2% MoM (vs. 0.3% est).
4. FMS yield expectations. Fund managers overwhelmingly expect lower long-term yields 12 months from now.
5. Stock-picker's market. "Stock specific risk has been on the rise all year, an indication the market has been efficient in rewarding and punishing the right stocks for the right fundamental reasons."